Sunday, July 31, 2011

Gift Box Tower (with gifts)

Hi everybody!  I hope everyone had a great weekend.  We had excellent weather here in upstate NY. (Finally) My project this weekend was a gift for a friends birthday.  I decided not only to make part of the gift but to make the gift boxes as well.



This is the Key Chain and Earrings that I made

Here are the boxes 
And here is the finished set tied up with an Iridescent Ribbon

I used patterned glitter card stock on all of the lids, and a corresponding small patterned or plain card stock for the bottom of each box.  The lids are all made 1 inch smaller than the bottoms, this was so you could see both the top and bottom of the box to give more color and texture to the project. The card stock was from  DCWV 8 x 8 Citrus paper pack .
The small box  is 2 x 2 x2 and embellished with Plumeria Dew Drops and a Sun/Moon charm held on by a silver brad.
The medium box is 3 x 3 x2 and embellished with MS punch anywhere Butterfly with a Sunflower Dew Drop for the head, edged with spiced marmalade Tim Holtz Distress Ink and glitter added to the wings. Attached with Zip Dry glue.
The large box is 4 x 4 x2 and embellished with 2 Fiskars 2" Daisy punches, held on by a medium flock covered white brad. The flower edges were edged with TH Distress Ink in Spiced Marmalade and a Studio G $1 ink pad (lime/metallic green). I used Zip Dry glue in between the daisies to keep them lined up.
The Tower is held together with 5/8 inch iridescent ribbon.

I am entering this project at The Outlawz in the July Paper a la Mode Challenge for the week of July 30th.
Have a great week everyone.

4 comments:

Cely said...

beautiful! :) anyone would LOVE to get that gift!

Tammy said...

Fantastic gifts Kelly and I love the boxes! Your fur babies are ADORABLE!! My little boy (Quinn) is a JRT! Thanks for stopping by! Hugs, Tammy :)

Lori m said...

Beautiful gifts, thanks for dropping by my blog, I've been polishing up my hopping shoes, see you Monday. :)

hugs, Lori

Star said...

Hi Kelly! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. =D The gifts look wonderful, and that box set is AH-Mazing!! Absolutely lovely.

Hugs!