Saturday, April 7, 2012

Pink in the Rink Highlights!

I know this post has nothing to do with crafting but I just had to share!  Back in January our local hockey team the Adirondack Phantoms had a game dedicated to breast cancer awareness.  It's called Pink in the Rink.  Lots of AHL and NHL teams do this annually, but this was my first.  As I love the color pink and we are season ticket holders I was very excited indeed.  About a month after the  game they auctioned off the game worn jerseys' and yes they are PINK!  I was luck enough to win #38's jersey (who just happens to be my favorite player)  I got him to sign the Jersey and it will now live in my new pink craft room (when I am not wearing it to games.  Here are some pics!
Don't they look AWESOME!


Here is my favorite player! Real men do wear pink, and I now own this very jersey game worn,autographed and unwashed!!

It was amusing to watch the game, when one team is in pink and the other was in there normal tough looking uniforms. They even had pink socks!

Of course our beloved Mascot Dax the Beaver went all out too!

I just love Dax so much and the Pink hair was awesome on his giant orange body, so I had to have a picture with him!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.  Don't eat too much candy tomorrow!  lol...

1 comment:

Cely said...

Lol! so cute! glad to have you back!!! we've missed you!!!