Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Yes I am a Miami Dolphins Fan!

Hello everyone,
Let me start by saying so sorry I haven't been on for awhile, taking care of my Mom and having some back issues has really gotten me down :( , but I must continue on so.... About a week ago Robyn at My Pink Stamper listed a Design Team call on her blog.  I really wanted to try to get on her team because she is seriously one talented lady, but better than that she seems like a really nice and genuine person (very rare these days). The challenge was to use Orange, Turquoise, Brown, Green and other optional color or your choice on a cricut project using your favorite cartridge.  At first I thought what the heck can I make with those colors!  Then I was cleaning the living room (Dusting, I hate dusting!) and it just popped into my head!  I was dusting my autographed Dan Marino Miami Dolphin helmet.  Well that takes care of all the colors with the optional color gray for the dolphin.  It's not my best work, I made it after having 2 hours of sleep in 48 hours, so I actually think it turned out not to bad!  So here it is (sorry the picture is crooked)


Recipe;
A-9 card base Orange cardstock
Layer embossed with Sizzix flourish embossing folder, light brown cardstock
Dolphin cut from "Life is a Beach" cricut cart at 3inches, dark gray cardstock
Pond and Grass cut from "Create-a-Critter" cricut cart at 2inches and 1.25inches, aqua, turquoise and light green cardstock
Palm Tree cut from "Life is a Beach" cricut cart at 3.5inches, dark brown and bright green cardstock
Football cut from "Everyday Paper Dolls" cricut at 1inch, dark brown cardstock
4inches of Orange and Turquoise ribbon
6 - 2mm Aqua half pearls
1 Orange flower brad
2 Aqua pearl flower embellsihments
2 chocolate brown brads painted with Cinnamon Stickles
My Pink Stamper "Even More Punny-licious" stamp set used "That's FIN-TASTIC! 

I am still working on getting my new editing software to work with my camcorder, ARG!!!!  I will post a video on storage solutions soon, I will have to use the old software for the time being. (Sorry)  Have a great day!

5 comments:

Lizzie Laine said...

Good luck on the DT call!
I love your dolphin, how cute with the football!

Missy said...

This looks great! I like how you embellished the ribbon & wather! Good luck!!

Cely said...

Wonderful! I want to try too but my blog is only a baby and I don't think I meet her requirements. :*( I might just do it for fun though, if I have time to create something before tomorrow!

Marie said...

Your card is adorable! I love all the details!
Good Luck!!!
craftelicious.blogspot.com

Cely said...

that is so funny that we started our blogs on the same day! best thing I ever did with my spare time, i think! :D and it would be AWESOME if were were in it together!